[Tagging] Roads with no speed limits

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Sat Sep 3 17:23:37 UTC 2016

One city street here in Nashville, TN, USA went several decades with no
speed limit signs at all.  Then, one day, it suddenly had "Speed Limit
30 MPH" signs every few hundred feet.  My guess is that someone
successfully argued their way out of a speeding ticket, stating that
they weren't violating the speed limit because no speed limit was
posted, and that the court, and/or the public works department, decided
to make sure that no one else could use the same excuse.