[Tagging] artificial cave, historic military shelter

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 13:30:20 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 04, 2016 at 12:09:43PM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> > Il giorno 04 set 2016, alle ore 11:40, Richard <ricoz.osm at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> >
> > Also, I would
> > argue that "natural" implies natural
>

> ok, agreed
>

> > and there have been enough informal
> > proposals for man_made=shaft and similar.
>

> I think a shaft is pretty different from those grottoes I mentioned, in being a vertical, regular structure and normally longer, while the artificial, decorative/recreational grottoes are not very deep. Also the former is usually of technical character, while the latter is decorative.

agreed, I gathered a few alternatives which I found in the Cave page.

> maybe man_made=grotto for these cases?

what would that be? Look at the EN-wikipedia page.. quite a few meanings.

For the touristy things something like amenity or tourism may be better.
Also grottos apparently may be either man_made or natural according to
english wikipedia.

Richard