[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Mountaineer's mailbox

Anders Fougner anders.fougner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 19:24:38 UTC 2016

Den 06.09.2016 20.56, skrev ksg:
>> Am 06.09.2016 um 20:38 schrieb Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com>:
>>
>> OK, that sounds good as well. Maybe still have some sort of tagging for the type so that we can show a letterbox as Mr Díaz de Argandoña requests?
> Perfect, may be like "summit:register:letterbox=yes“?
>
>> (As I said earlier, I'm unlikely to tag such a beast, because the clubs where I climb request that climbers not share coordinates of the registers or GPS tracks of the routes on the peaks without established trails.)
> In the Alps summit registers in terms of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summit_register are not uncommon even on „insignificant“ peaks.
>
> geow

These are also common on all sorts of peaks in my country (Norway). From
small hills in the forest (usually near the cities) to the steepest
peaks you would have to be a rock climber to reach.
Sometimes it's not even on a peak or a hill, just in a trail crossing or
something like that. The term "summit register" doesn't really fit for
those, but otherwise they look the same and are there for approximately
the same reasons, I believe...

Anders

Anders