[Tagging] Typo fix for tunnel=building_passage and how to proceed in the future

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sat Sep 10 13:02:02 UTC 2016

LeTopographeFou wrote:
> But do I have to ask for a vote/discussion for automated typo edits?

Very expressly no. There is no precedent for voting on automated edits, and
on the rare occasions it has been suggested then there has been significant
and well-founded opposition to the idea.

>From the Automated Edits Code of Conduct: "We do not require or recommend a
formal vote, but if there is significant objection to your plan - and even
minorities may be significant! - then change it or drop it altogether."

In this case you're changing, I think, just 22 objects in total for things
that can't be interpreted as anything but typos. I suggest you just go ahead
and do it. :)

Richard