[Tagging] Amphitheatre or outdoor non-sports venue

johnw johnw at mac.com
Wed Sep 14 05:04:45 UTC 2016

I’m trying to tag an outdoor venue I would call an https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphitheatre <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphitheatre>. It is a “natural” one, with a stage near a lake, with terraces seating for picnics or standing for a crowded performance.

Here is the one I am mapping. it is inside a giant flower and amusement park. https://goo.gl/maps/x6K7y6z1n2s <https://goo.gl/maps/x6K7y6z1n2s> 2000 people?

One in a city park in San Diego. my father puts on a blues concert there. https://goo.gl/maps/zaBDyd2HZZ52 <https://goo.gl/maps/zaBDyd2HZZ52> 200 people?

Mt Helix Amphitheater  https://goo.gl/maps/yHK3Berx28z <https://goo.gl/maps/yHK3Berx28z> http://www.mthelixpark.org/history-of-mt-helix-park <http://www.mthelixpark.org/history-of-mt-helix-park> 600 people?

No sports played there!

Large camps, outdoor parks, and other places will have a outdoor stadium-like place, but has no ability to host a sporting event - it is a “performance” venue - people on a “stage" doing something for an audience: a music concert, standup, religious performance

Event Venue, music Venue, and proposals are abandoned. "Stadium" seems to be focused on sports, as it should be. Sports Arenas and stadiums can be adapted for music events, but like a movie theatre or performance hall, these are primarily a performance-only venue. these are outdoor versions of a performance hall.

is there some amenity=* tag I am missing that I should be using? Putting “stadium” or sports venue on these seems pretty wrong.

Javbw