[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Through service

Michael Reichert nakaner at gmx.net
Sat Sep 17 10:13:49 UTC 2016

Hi Michael,

Am 2016-09-14 um 05:10 schrieb Michael Tsang:
> RFC: Through service
>
> This proposes a kind of relation to associate different public transport
> services to become a through service, i.e. the vehicles run through the
> services sequentially, allowing passengers staying on board.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/through_service

I dislike the tagging you propose. A relation with type=route route=*
should contain only nodes and ways. Relations should only be member if
they are multipolygon relations. If you want to link multiple route
relations, please use a master route relation.
type=route_master + route_master=bus/train/bicycle

Best regards

Michael