[Tagging] Use of oneway=yes on waterways

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 17 15:05:45 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-17 16:36, Dave F wrote:

> Clarification: I'm meant a route relation for the whole canal, not just to define travel direction.

That's exactly my point... The whole canal may be hundreds of km long,
and the section where oneway vs. flow direction is actually an issue
might be as short as 100m. We are only talking about signposted
restrictions like "no entry", which are (compared to the road network)
pretty rare. So saying you can only map these short restrictions by
creating a route relation for the whole length sounds a bit excessive to
me.

Flow directions in canals may change many times along the route anyway,
and sometimes the flow may be almost undiscernable.

//colin