[Tagging] Use of oneway=yes on waterways

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 14:25:35 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 18 set 2016, alle ore 12:00, Malcolm Herring <malcolm.herring at btinternet.com> ha scritto:
>
> Values such as "yes", "forward", "reverse", "-1", etc are all meaningless to those who actually navigate the waterways. As Aun said, the commonly understood terms are "upstream" & "downstream".

I don't question this, but as a matter of fact, there is a total of 8 instances with  key variations of upstream and downstream that I could find in taginfo globally, so this is something that your software could present to users, but it's not something people are actually using as tags.
http://taginfo.osm.org/search?q=upstream

there's also a slightly bigger number of these words in values, but much fewer than oneway on waterways: http://taginfo.osm.org/search?q=downstream#values

cheers
Martin