[Tagging] Cenotaph WAS Re: Tagging memorial sites

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:57:44 UTC 2016

On 21-Sep-16 10:22 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> Il giorno 21 set 2016, alle ore 12:08, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
> <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
>> If tomb=cenotaph then money in your bank account = no money in your
>> bank account?
>

> maybe this is not a bad allegory ;-)
> a cenotaph is a tomb without the corpse, but looks like a tomb, is
> purposefully designed as a tomb. unless you check you might even be
> intrigued to believe it is a tomb.

Some resemble a tomb, some don't .... some are statues, some are
plaques, some are columns.

Wikipedia has quite a few photos of some ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cenotaph

I suppose it depend on what you think a tomb looks like?

  https://www.warmemorialsregister.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/styles/galleria_zoom/public/1284g.jpg?

https://www.warmemorialsregister.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/727a.jpg

I like the statue ones.

A German translation of cenotaph gets ehrenmal. An English translation
of ehrenmal gets both cenotaph and memorial.