[Tagging] Tagging town/village/hamlet - am I misunderstanding something?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 07:41:47 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 1 Apr 2017, at 00:19, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>
> So I think we probably need a new relation member in addition to
> admin_centre which is just "centre", meaning a node which is the
> human-geography center of the administrative unit.

For reference, I have recently written in two diary posts about the centre of Berlin and Rome, maybe these two examples are interesting to see possible answers to this question (there's also some addition in the comments): http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/dieterdreist/diary

I agree with you that the human geography aspect is what place is about, unsure if we'd need another role for admin relations (if we had place relations it would be easier), because there's already the implicit spatial relation between an administrative area and the places that are contained.

Cheers,
Martin