[Tagging] fiddling with memorial and memorial:type

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 18:08:25 UTC 2017

> The use of :type should depreciated in any key.
> Replacements? memorial:structure=* and memorial:commemorates=* ?

I agree that there is the general problem with :type that it is not clear
what kind of typology it is about (and sometimes there are othogonal
classes established under the same key, e.g. war_memorial and plate as
values under the same "memorial" key). The same problem is there for
subtags like
A=B
B=C
C=D
e.g. historic=memorial, memorial=*

Rather than "structure" I'd use "shape" or something similar.

Cheers,
Martin