[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - bus bay

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Thu Apr 6 19:42:15 UTC 2017

> why do you define this as a node? bus_bay=right or left does not make
> sense on a node, and bus bays have a certain length anyway, I'd make it
> a way.

It should not be a separate way if there is no physical separation. But
I agree a node is not a good choice either.

So in my opinion, there are two obvious options here:

A) Create a bus_bay:left/right tagging similar to sidewalk=*,
cycleway=*, shoulder=* and the parking:lane:* tags.

B) Map them as bus-only lanes using the :lanes syntax.