[Tagging] "Neutral" language for objects in international areas

Nelson A. de Oliveira naoliv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 20:26:15 UTC 2017

Which is the most appropiated/neutral language for international
objects? (outside countries, in ocean, etc)

For example: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/47301187

When I first created the Point Nemo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_of_inaccessibility#Oceanic_pole_of_inaccessibility
object I left it with name and alt_name in English (as I considered it
"neutral"/international enough).

But then it was changed to Esperanto (in the above changeset).

While I like and believe in Esperanto, somehow I think that it's not
the most appropriated language there.
Somebody could even argue that Interlingua
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlingua is as valid as Esperanto,
for example, and start changing such objects.

So what should we use for such cases, please?