[Tagging] Forestry/logging

Mattias Dalkvist osm-stuff at dalkvist.se
Fri Apr 7 18:56:16 UTC 2017

Hi

What are the options for tagging forest areas that have been
harvested/clear cut?

Searching the wiki I found:

landuse=logging many with logging=clearcutting or logging=selective_cutting
or logging:start_date=*
18k uses mostly Eastern Europe  and Russia

man_made=clearcut almost all with natural=scrub
2k uses mostly in Europe

I don't like a new landuse, in my mind the area is still being used for
forestry. man_made feels forces and perhaps it is a language/translation
thing but I would never use scrub describe the young trees that grows after
a clearcut.

I think I'm after landuse=forest with some sub tag describing that the area
was harvested and when.

--
Dalkvist