[Tagging] Quonset hut

Michał Brzozowski www.haxor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 12:52:32 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> building=* has never been about "purpose" though, it is about architectural
> type (form, shape, function, structure, etc.). The purpose is what leads
> (amongst other criteria) to choosing an architectural type, so there is a
> link between the two, and it seems this might be creating some confusion.

I see you saying this another time, but I doubt it's as common opinion
as you make it to appear.

Using "purpose" for building differentiation is quite standard in
mapping (to name a few - BDOT Polish topographic maps, all the
different cadastre maps and so on. And that's how I've seen it used in
OSM, too.

Michał