[Tagging] historic=tank

Michal Fabík michal.fabik at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 22:20:57 UTC 2017

Hi,
I just mapped my third tank in about a month and I'm still wondering why it isn't documented in the Wiki alongside historic=aircraft, historic=locomotive etc. There's quite a few of them mapped already, according to Taginfo. One could argue that tanks are more often than not parts of war memorials (like here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Starovi%C4%8Dky-pam%C3%A1tn%C3%ADktankov%C3%A9bitvy-1.JPG/1067px-Starovi%C4%8Dky-pam%C3%A1tn%C3%ADktankov%C3%A9bitvy-1.JPG) so they don't have to be mapped as stand-alone objects, but this is not always the case (today, I mapped a tank that's an open air museum exhibit, the other day I saw one serving as a mascot of a military school). Is it perhaps because the word "tank" can also mean a container for liquids? Maybe we should use something like historic=armoured_vehicle?
Regards,
--
Michal Fabík
Sent from a mobile phone. Please excuse my brevity.