[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - (office=courier)"

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 07:08:46 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 15. Apr 2017, at 20:04, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In Belgium you can e.g buy tax stamps in a post office, and not in a
> courier office.

this could change any time though. In Italy you can buy tax stamps at tobacco shops.

> I doubt people will go to DHL/UPS/... to send their Christmas cards.

why? Maybe those mentioned offer only parcel shipping but there are also private letter mail operators in some places

> We also know that you  can do certain money transactions in a post
> office, etc.

technically in the places I am aware, these operations are done in a "bank" section of the post office, and not every office does them, and it should be considered to tag these parts as banks.

I would expect from the proposal to define which places are to get the tag:

- is public access/a counter required? Or is this also e.g. for an office where you would call to have someone pick up your mail?

- what about distribution centers (e.g. huge distribution and sorting warehouses alongside big roads and motorways)?

etc.

Currently this is not defined, and would lead to quite different places (functionally) getting the same tag

cheers,
Martin