[Tagging] Tagging detail on Rest Areas

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 10:33:41 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, don't know of this. Can you give an example country/place?
> Trying to find a best fix to 'my' tagging problem.
> Self centred I know, but there are many 'distractions' with OSM mapping
> leading in all sorts of directions.
> If that is the case then the camping:x=yes/no may possibly be the 'best'
> solution?

There are certainly places marked with signs like the ones on
http://www.camperstops.eu/camperborden.php
You find them in Belgium and The Netherlands. I think also in Gemany.
I cannot find a official document right away that explains that it is
forbidden for caravans. There are some fora (in Dutch) where people
say this. This corresponds to what I had heard in the past. I can keep
looking for them if you want.

The tagging with camping:x is probably the best, yes.

p.s. you might find some information in Dutch on the rules that
campsite and campersite owners have to fulfil on
http://www.toerismevlaanderen.be/vlaamse-logiesdecreet The camper site
parkings are considered something different.