[Tagging] Proper parking lot separation

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Apr 28 12:57:11 UTC 2017

I wish the parking lot tagging page took more of these issues into account when discussing how to tag them. HGV (trucks?), bus, and motorhome might need their own seperate parking amenity tags - having them spring from car parking via access seems really weird when cars are not allowed to use it.

It's like tagging:

amenity=foo
foo=no
Bar=yes.

It should just be amenity=bar...

Javbw
> On Apr 28, 2017, at 8:59 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> and for pregnant women (typically close to kindergartens)

Falls into the common - old-hurt-disabled-pregnant category (which is informal, compared to the legally defined handicapped person). Is there any "person" or "access" type for that group or those individuals beyond disabled/gender?

Access:pregnant=yes
Access:elderly=yes
Access:assisting=yes (small kid or helping blind person)

The interesting thing to come out all of this is that while we break down parking by vehicle types, we don't break it down for all vehicles.
And while disabled parking is an almost universal feature, it is not "baked in" to the parking tagging methods.

After the legally defined "disabled/handicapped" separation - then you get into all kinds of title/status ones (injured, pregnant, assisting) old people (with the clover mark symbol here), all centered around some kind of physical issue,

And then women only (like certain trains in Japan or the aforementioned parking spots) for safety. There might also be different entrances for women in the Middle East based on cultural issues.

Trying to separate vehicle, handicap, and status into something coherent to tag is a giant hairball.

Javbw.