[Tagging] Fire hydrants vs suction_point

Viking viking81 at tin.it
Thu Aug 17 09:17:18 UTC 2017

>My point is suction points and fire hydrant are different but compatible things, as follow :
>emergency=suction_point is a prefered place where to pump water in a river emergency=fire_hydrant
>is a kind of device which may or not be present in places like suction points but in a large amount of other places.
>
>This will be convenient because anyone looking for fire_hydrant will know what does it look like and if there are
>connectors or not And anyone looking for suction_points will know if he/she have to bring appropriate stuff to get water.
>
>This would be great to find a consensus on this point as to make the fire hydrant proposal better :)
>
>All the best
>
>François

We need to know if the common accepted definition of suction point is this:

Suction points aren't devices like hydrants but are preferred places to pump water from a not pressurized water source (river, pond, well).
Hydrant is an equipment/device and suction point is a place where you may or not find a hydrant.
In this case the hydrant will be tagged emergency=fire_hydrant + fire_hydrant:pressure=0.

Does the community agree?
Best regards
Alberto

---