[Tagging] Fire hydrants vs suction_point

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 14:12:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

Le 17. 08. 17 à 14:50, Moritz a écrit :
> the hydrant (by the meaning of the word) is something connected
> to the water main ;)
If I read the previous wikipedia link, there are pressurized hydrant and
not-pressurized hydrant.
If wikipedia use the word hydrant for both, maybe the "by the meaning of
the world" is that.
A common tag for both + a subtag for pressurized or not isn't enough ?
Or you like 2 tag for render and/or to avoid the need to check subtag ?

When I'm walking on a street and find "something that give water to be
used against fire" and I read "2 bars" on it, I have no way if it's
connected to a pressurized network or if it's a tank with a pump in it.
I didn't even know it existed before reading it in this discussion.

Regards,
Marc