[Tagging] Fire hydrants vs suction_point

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Aug 17 15:38:10 UTC 2017

On 8/17/17 10:25 AM, Eric Christensen wrote:

> That's not really what's being discussed here.  A non-pressurized
> hydrant wouldn't be attached to a tank at all.  It would require a fire
> engine to suck the water out.  It does not look like a traditional fire
> hydrant at all.
there are always exceptions. not far from me, there's a traditional
hydrant of the type normally used with pressurized systems, but
it's sourced from a pond. the reason is that the pond is elevated, some
distance from the road, and they need to keep the barrel empty
when it's not in use for the usual reasons.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search