[Tagging] Pepper: Chili, piper, bell pepper

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sun Aug 20 13:02:33 UTC 2017

Number 2 and 3 are fine for me. However I could not find 'piper' as a synonym for the spice in my
English dictionaries. A piper is a player of a bagpipe or sometimes a flute, thus that is highly
confusing.

IMHO it would be sufficient to clarify that produce=pepper means the
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pepper (Piper nigrum) (so you were referring to the latin
term?), and the other to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_pepper (Capsicum) and their spicy
versions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_pepper

So far none of them is used in the database, so it is just a preemptive definition and no
deprecation process.

BTW your pepper picture does not work in both versions.