[Tagging] Simplify building:part areas

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 22:55:36 UTC 2017

Le 23. 08. 17 à 00:25, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
> On 19. Aug 2017, at 10:16, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> and minus the building:min_level.
>> no. min_level is a 3D feature.
>> the level of a building as a whole doesn't take care of min_level.
>> A building as a whole can not begin at level 2.
>> A building as a whole must rest on the ground.
>> Therefore min_level can exist on "part", not on the whole.
> a building could rest on other buildings
IMHO it is only one building that rest on the ground
including what you consider as separate buildings.
With 3D feature, they are 2 (or more) building:part

> or on a pole or on several pylons
if it was a few garages on the ground level,
we 'll make again 2 building:part, one for the ground level,
another for the floors.
A building with poles at the first level is like
if garages had been replaced by poles.
A building:part for the "pole" level, another for the floors.
so for the whole, no min_level tag

> or be on a tree
and what value for min_level 'll you use to solve this ?
Or could we simplify and consider that between the ground
and the floor of the hut there is a building:part=tree
and therefore do without min_level on the building as a whole ?
If I had to tag a hut in a tree, this is what I will do
instead of encoding a building that levitates (in osm db)
above the ground.