[Tagging] iD news: v2.4.0 released
bryan at 7thposition.com
Sat Aug 26 05:47:43 UTC 2017
iD v2.4.0 was released August 25, 2017 and is now available for editing on openstreetmap.org <http://openstreetmap.org/>
📣 A few highlights from the release:
NEW Esri World Imagery layer:
Esri has made their World Imagery Service available for OSM use!
Read more here: https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2017/08/24/world-imagery-in-osm/ <https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2017/08/24/world-imagery-in-osm/>
NEW fields on the save screen:
• Added a checkbox for mappers to request for someone to review their edits.
• Added a Source field to allow users to add multiple sources.
• Added a Hashtags field to allow users to add multiple event hashtags.
- Hashtags can also be set via the API from a Task Manager or Q/A app.
- Hashtags are automatically extracted from the `comment` field.
NEW changeset tags for improved changeset analysis
• `review_requested=yes` (“yes” if the user has checked the box)
• `source=*` (semicolon delimited, e.g. “survey;gps")
• `hashtags=*` (semicolon delimited, e.g. “#MissingMaps;#Tanzania”)
• `changesets_count=*` (number of edits the user has made, will be “0” for someone making their first edit)
Walkthrough tags, will be set only if a user has made <100 edits:
• `ideditor:walkthrough_started=yes` (“yes” if the user started the walkthrough)
• `ideditor:walkthrough_progress=*` (semicolon delimited, e.g. "welcome;navigation;point;area”)
• `ideditor:walkthrough_started=yes` (“yes” if the user completed all walkthrough sections)
• iD can now schedule deferred work in modern browsers with requestIdleCallback, (contributed by Kushan Joshi).
This means big speedups in parsing, loading data from OSM, and rendering.
• Added presets for many theme park attractions (contributed by Willie Marcel)
• Added preset for `amenity=shower` (contributed by JamesKingdom)
• Added preset `emergency=life_ring` (contributed by JamesKingdom)
• Added presets and icons for railway mapping Buffer Stop, Derailer, Milestone, Signal, Switch, Train Wash (contributed by JamesKingdom)
v2.4.0 + new save screen: https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/901280750540132352 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/901280750540132352>
Esri World Imagery announcement: https://twitter.com/geogangster/status/901194478622433280 <https://twitter.com/geogangster/status/901194478622433280>
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/bhousel <https://twitter.com/bhousel> for more iD news and sneak peaks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging