[Tagging] shop=fashion

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Aug 29 22:11:37 UTC 2017

W dniu 29.08.2017 o 19:27, Severin Menard pisze:
> IMHO, I would drop shop=boutique because it is one of the most
> confusing tag, especially in French-speaking contexts.

> Is it only in the Anglo-sphere that the word boutique means this or
> also in other cultural contexts?

In Poland we use "butik" as a clothes fashion shop, however I would also
drop shop=boutique and shop=fashion.

>     shop=clothes is chain stores (ie same shop in multiple shopping
>     centres /
>     towns) aimed at lower-middle end of the market
>
>     shop=fashion is middle - higher end, but still chain stores
>
>     shop=boutique is "one-off" shops eg selling hand-made rather than
>     mass-produced clothes; niche / speciality items etc

And how should a typical tagger know what market segment it really is?
What about luxury chain stores and cheap second-hand by a single person
with shiny clothes which try too look as luxury?

For me all this is really not working.

--
"Probably it's an eternal problem - too many chiefs, too few Indians" [O. Muzalyev]