[Tagging] shop=fashion

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 10:06:55 UTC 2017

Simon Poole a Ă©crit :
>>> Translations for shop=boutique
>>> iD: Petit magasin de mode
 >> JOSM uses "Haute Couture"
 > on the OSM website, fixed that too.
1) for boutique :
We need a specific criterion to describe this tag
Ask the french mailing to agree on a common translation
for iD / wiki / Josm is easy, when you know what
you want to translate :)
Small or not (for me, it is not the criterion)
Luxury or not (it seems to the criterion in the english wiki page)

2) for fashion
What store would like to say : we sell clothes that aren't "fashion"?
nearly none.

3) french translation
"Haute Couture" is really far away from "Petit magasin de mode"
for me, as native french speaker,
shop=boutique : magasin de Haute couture
shop=fashion : magasin de vĂȘtements et accessoires de mode
I'll ask french mailing