[Tagging] Deprecating of leisure=common and leisure=village_green

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Wed Dec 6 16:28:32 UTC 2017

On 05.12.2017 20:40, Marc Zoutendijk wrote:> Martin, did you see the pictures I have added to the
wiki? [1]
Nice pictures, but they belong onto the discussion page, as it is _not_ an 'alternative' use, it is
a use _against_ the original definition.

> For me landcover=urban_green (maybe: urban_vegetation) is a perfect fit for what we need.

Yes I'd be much in favour for a generic landcover value, it could eben be landcover=green which is
short and concise, and avoids thinking about villages and urbanity.

>  From what I understood, we are trying to avoid “village_green” because it is only relevant to UK
> legal situations, making it unsuitable for use outside of the UK.

It is suitable, as long as the use is comparable to what a legal village green is comparable to the
UK situation.

tom