[Tagging] "building=college" tag missing from building key page

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Fri Dec 8 22:15:43 UTC 2017

Colin and others,

I think we have drifted a bit off of the original topic, my "original
enquiry" was the notion that the "building=college" tag, with 15k uses,
was not included on the building key page, and if it would be a good
idea to include it.

 From there, there was discussion about landuse of schools, which IMO is
already covered by "amenity=school/college/university", as the Wiki
pages for these features have now for years stated that the entire
(campus) grounds should be tagged amenity=x, while the actual buildings
on there should use building=x (e.g.
building=school/university/"college??" or more appropriate tag if e.g. a
building=office)

And than we landed on the meaning of the vague term "college"...

I think, as the OP, I will personally leave it at this. With my first
post, I just wanted to note the apparent disparity with the existing
building=school/university. But it is not a big thing to me.

Marco