[Tagging] cycleway:both=no in StreetComplete

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 25 23:22:03 UTC 2017

Hi

There's been quite a few recent additions of 'cycleway:both=no' being
added by users of StreetComplete.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/8609990

There's no mention of this tag on the wiki & to me appears a bit
ambiguous. Most (all?) are the sole cycle tag on the entity. Both=no
suggests that a cycleway could exist in one direction.

What is the reason the developers aren't using the established tagging
scheme:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:cycleway

Note under 'cycleway=no' as a tag of "dubious usefulness". I concur with
this view

DaveF

---