[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Carport

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sat Feb 4 21:58:38 UTC 2017

On 04.02.2017 21:25, Warin wrote:
> I see no difference from building=roof with amenity=parking... and I
> would think rendering would be the same.

No. building=carport describes a particular building style, which is
common enough to justify a more special tag than =roof.

Amenity should not be used for private places; only public and
semi-public (customers, visitors etc) are an amenity. That is already
reflected in the proposal, end should be more emphasized.

Rendering does not matter for tagging.

However I agree with Yves that this is an unambiguous value, in use
already 2k times, so it should simply be documented.

tom