[Tagging] Beef fattening stations

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue Feb 7 00:16:21 UTC 2017

> On Feb 6, 2017, at 2:32 PM, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> @Martin: there are two relevant Wikipedia articles:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feedlot <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feedlot>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentrated_animal_feeding_operation <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentrated_animal_feeding_operation>
>
> @Tod
> crop=feed_lot does not seem right.

I agree. That is simply a place I am familiar with have driven past it numerous times.

> Picking up Martin's proposal, what about:
> landuse=farmyard
> AND
> farmyard=feedlot OR farmyard=concentrated_animal_feeding_operation OR farmyard=CAFO
>
> Another aproach could be
> landuse=farmland
> farm:type=feedlot

I think I prefer:

landuse=farmyard
farmyard=feedlot

as it seems more consistent. In my mind, the second key of “farm:type=feedlot” mixes keys and values oddly. If the primary key were “landuse=farm” then it would make more sense to me for a “farm:type” subkey.

Looks like “landuse=farmyard” is more used than “landuse=farm” and the farmyard wiki page [1] says “landuse=farm” is not recommended.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dfarmyard