[Tagging] Beef fattening stations

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:17:57 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 7 Feb 2017, at 15:41, Viking <viking81 at tin.it> wrote:
>
> To be consistent with the approved and already used tags amenity=animal_breeding [1], amenity=animal_shelter [2] and amenity=animal_boarding [3], what do you think about:
>
> amenity=animal_breeding
> animal_breeding:feedlot=cow OR animal_breeding:concentrated_animal_feeding_operation=cow

can you point me to where amenity =animal_breeding was "approved"? taginfo shows almost no use and amenity doesn't seem a good key for it (unless it's done as a service?).

I'd rather put it into man_made or  as a property subtag (e.g. man_made=cowshed, concentrated_operation=yes) or as a subtype of cowshed (e.g. tie-stalls, freestall, etc.), the same for pigs, goose, turkey, hens, sheep, ostrichs, goats, etc.

cheers,
Martin