[Tagging] Tagging for Pipe Line Reserves

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:46:57 UTC 2017

On 08-Feb-17 06:51 PM, François Lacombe wrote:
> Hi Warin,
>
> Do you have pictures of such areas plz ?
>
> I don't see anything corresponding to 'reserve'
>
> All the best

Not personally ... and it is a fair way away. As I say .. reported on
the Australian group.
I assume there is a sign locally to advise on the 'pipeline reserve'.

Gas pipe lines cover fair distances in Australia ..

One line is 1,300 km here
https://www.apa.com.au/our-services/gas-transmission/east-coast-grid/moomba-sydney-pipeline/

The reserve might be up to 25 meters wide from
https://www.seagas.com.au/safety/
Photo of their warning sign
http://www.seagas.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/danger.jpg
I have seen similar signs for gas and fibre optic lines in my
wanderings, some warning of a restriction in use of area above the line
- thus advising of a restrictive reserve.

There will be local storm water, potable water lines too.
Long distant buried communication lines too, a number over 8,500 km. At
least some of these will have 'reserves' evident on the surface.