[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - CoreIndoor

PanierAvide panieravide at riseup.net
Wed Feb 8 12:03:59 UTC 2017

Hello,

Thanks for this work and this proposal. As an indoor mapper, I find
these edits to the Simple Indoor Tagging full of sense. They document
some local practices (level:ref is already used in France for complex
buildings) and also makes clearer how to consume data (repeat_on +
decimal values for example). Also something good is that it is fully
compatible with previous way of tagging, just refining it. In my
opinion, it is a good proposal :-)

Regards,

PanierAvide (creator of OpenLevelUp).

Le 08/02/2017 à 09:09, Pavel Zbytovský a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have some points about indoor mapping. There is already an
> established tagging scheme - the Simple Indoor Tagging - but I think
> it could be refined a little. Especially it doesn't allow for easy
> corridors placement, and also some definitions could be more rigorous.
> Last year I finished my thesis on the topic of Indoor mapping and also
> submited a pull request for iD editor (see zby.cz/thesis
> <http://zby.cz/thesis>), now I created a proposal to move us little
> bit further:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/CoreIndoor
>

> I would be glad for comments, and I hope we could make OSM the best
> indoor map ever :-)
>
> Pavel Zbytovský
> zby.cz <http://zby.cz>
> openstreetmap.cz <http://openstreetmap.cz>