[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Feb 9 02:41:54 UTC 2017

Javbw

> On Feb 8, 2017, at 6:50 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> The link you might be looking for is http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site

+1

You can't drive into a camp site and start using facilities for campers as a random visitor. It is not a "shop" open to the public operated by the camp site.
You can use a shop for visitors - but not amenities for paying customers.  A gift shop in a lobby, a restaurant operated by a hotel are shops operated as shops, intended for use by a wider set of people than the guests.

It would be like shop=rental for the towel they loan to you poolside at a hotel, or shop=cafe for the coffeemaker in a break room, or shop=cleaning for the laundry service offered to guests at a hotel at the front desk.

If I searched for dry cleaning and was directed to a hotel's laundry service for guests, I would be upset. Looking for a coin laundry/laundromat and being directed to the machine for campers behind a shed at a campsite is equally as wrong.

The extended camp site proposal is great.

Javbw.