[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 16:10:36 UTC 2017

I would like to get this discussion back to my original question. I used
about 30 camp or caravan sites in the USA and most of them had self-service
coin-operated washers and dryers. These are services like toilets and
convenience stores for their customers. You also find these in most US
motels. The number of machines varied from one washing machine plus one
dryer to five ore more, depending on the size of the site. In most cases
they were in separate rooms labelled "Laundry". For the convenience store
on a camp site I would happily use the shop key whereas for the laundry
facilities I would prefer something like
washing_machine=yes|NUMBER
dryer =yes|NUMBER
In alternative, simply laundry=yes
All three could go on a campsite node or areas or on buildings on the
campsite. I do not expect no-fee laundry facilities, differently from
showers.