[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Feb 11 22:17:25 UTC 2017

I think the individual tags in the extended camping proposal covers this.

If there is a coin-op machine or two for campers to use, then tag the amenity on the campground's node/polygon  - the suggested washing_machine=yes dryer=yes tags.

If there is some other scheme for mapping the machines and their job, I should be updated (like how people use vending+object to map a lot of different things).

If it is some shop/building that services the larger community or provides it to a larger set of people, tag it as a shop=laundry.

I can't imagine it is good to tag an individual machine or an amenity of larger building as a shop.

Most large apartment complexes in San Diego have a small coin-op washer-dryer room. I would _never_tag that as shop=* anything. It is not a shop. It is for residents only. It shouldn't be in the tag space for a laundromat, or a million wrong locations will pop up when searching.

I think it is difficult to map an amenity of a place with the tags we would use for shops.

There is a difference between a vending machine and a cafe - though both serve coffee.

Both should be available for tagging.

Javbw