[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:29:43 UTC 2017

> I don't think that mapping the capacity of washing machines in campsite
> laundry facilities is data that is useful in OSM. It's difficult to
> establish in the first place and the data is very perishable. The machines
> have a very limited life span. Data maintenance will be a serious problem.

industrial quality washing machines have an extended life span compared to
home machines, as they are still built to be serviced, while home machines
are built to be thrown away or have complex components replaced (instead of
disassembling into small parts and replace only what has failed). Data
maintance is possible for every kind of data, but it will done only for
those data where people are interested in, if people are interested in
tagging the details of washing machine availability, why not (I'd prefer to
have these extended details on the laundry room, not on the whole campsite).

Cheers,
Martin