[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:43:09 UTC 2017

On 14-Feb-17 01:30 AM, John Willis wrote:

> Javbw
>
> On Feb 13, 2017, at 3:10 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>
>> laundry:top_loading:1_load=20 (if 'load' can be found as a size ..
>> somewhere?)
>>
>> laundry:top_loading:5_cu_ft=20
>> laundry:top_loading:6_lbs=20
>>
>> laundry:top_loading:20_kg=20
>>
>> laundry:front_loading:15_kg=8
>>
>> laundry:shoe_washer=2
>
> Great!
>
> Uhh... sidewasher was my stupidity.
> Front loader is the correct term.
>
> All the US residential top-loading washing machines and the old
> laundromat ones I have seen I have seen all have agitators, the thing
> that sticks up in the center.
>
> Most of the residential washers in Japan do not. Their drum is too
> narrow (40cm?) To have an agitator. The bottom of the drum spins (a
> very weak agitator), but there is no true column agitator.
>
> http://www.cypick.com/item/10kg-auto-top-toshiba-washing-machine-mesin-basuh-refurbish-recondition-4444.html
>
>  Some people want an agitator machine for washing heavily soiled
> clothes or cleaning cloths, so some laundromats have a single
> top-loading agitator in the corner here.
>
> Maybe they are common throughout the world, but such it was the first
> time I have seen a small and agitator-free washing machine.

I think I had one 'agitator' machine that not only had a rotating
central column but the drum too moved.. lots of things to ware out.
Replaced with a front loader .. my cloths last a lot longer.
Not all agitators are central columns .. the hover twin tub has the
agitator on a wall. These are popular where water is in short supply as
the spin tub waste water can be put back into the wash tub thus saving
water.

So I think the top loading/front loading should be a tag that can be
used. Then if wanted further details on the machine could be detailed?
Personally ... I am usually just looking for a washing machine .. any
washing machine to get the mud off!

> Since there are varying styles of machines, and some are common one
> place and absent others, then I would like to tag them differently.
> And the idea of separating capacity seems good too. I suggest
> supporting the three common methods (kg/load/volume) because people
> will have no idea how to tag, interpret or understand the information.
> People tagging or looking for "load" won't know what a KG of laundry is.

Mappers can enter miles instead of kilometres .. so they too should be
able to enter the units they have into the capacity of the laundry machine.