[Tagging] Places for rent for personal events

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Feb 14 22:37:59 UTC 2017

Javbw
> On Feb 15, 2017, at 4:56 AM, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> amenity=events_venue perhaps ?
>
> see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Devents_venue

PS: we should really formalize one of those proposals+the land use mentioned on that page.

The San Diego Convention center (where the host ComicCon) is a massive convention center and a collection of conference halls. Total space is 240,000m2.

 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Convention_Center

Tokyo Big Site in Tokyo is even busier - hosting almost a quarter million people for the Comic Market event. (100,000m2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Big_Sight

Wikipedia uses:
"exhibition floor"
"Breakout/meeting room"
"Ballroom"
As the three main categories of spaces at a center, which is what I have heard in the past. a proposal should use the same terms.

These convention centres are regional and sometimes national or international POI, not to be confused with a building to have an office lunch or a wedding reception.

Javbw