[Tagging] amenity=vending_machine and vending=public_transport_plans?

Dalibor JelĂ­nek dalibor at dalibor.cz
Thu Feb 16 08:41:12 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have tried to document the tag vending=public_transport_plans used as an
extension of amenity=vending_machine.

This tag is a part of JOSM preset for a long time so it should be
documented.

But then I have reailized that I maybe do not understand this tag correctly.

Do those plans mean maps?

Or is it some kind of prolongation of pre-paid transport tickets (similar to
cell phone plan)?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:vending%3Dpublic_transport_plans

Similar situation is with vending=telephone_vouchers

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:vending%3Dtelephone_vouchers

Are these vouchers refering to pre-paid coupons for fixed phones (calling
cards)?

Or is it a machine where you can top up your prepaid cell phone?

Or both?

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Dalibor