[Tagging] landuse=industrial with industrial=port

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 21 08:30:00 UTC 2017

On 21/02/2017 07:52, Stefano wrote:
> I use already my proposal, I haven't migrated to the correct page, but
> it's here
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dport

Stefano,

Your proposal is to have "landuse=industrial" + "industrial=port". That
would in most cases mean just adding the latter tag to the many ports
that are already tagged with the former. It would have the advantage of
not breaking any consumers that expect "landuse=industrial".

Those ports tagged "landuse=port" would need to be re-tagged with your
proposed pair. Those tagged "landuse=harbour" would have to be reviewed
one-by-one as some instances are on port areas, but many are in fact on
harbour areas, where "harbour=yes" would be appropriate.