[Tagging] landuse=industrial with industrial=port

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:12:23 UTC 2017

> Agreed, but not "man_made", which I think should only used on singular
> objects. A port is much like a small town or an industrial park.

a town is also treated as a singular object in place=town (or an airport in
aeroway=aerodrome), it's clear that ports are made of many things, but
that's not a problem, you can still identify the one port obect (with its
name, etc.).
What about

seaway=port ?

Or maybe distinguish the types at this level? Container and passenger
terminals could be tagged as:

seaway=container_terminal
seaway=ferry_terminal
seaway=cruise_terminal

waterway=port   could describe an inland port (river or lake), although I
am not sure it is needed (can also be seen from the location).

Cheers,
Martin