[Tagging] landuse=industrial with industrial=port

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Feb 23 00:52:52 UTC 2017

Javbw
> On Feb 22, 2017, at 10:13 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you want more detail about the port (typology / properties), please explain what should be added (you'll likely know better then me what you need, as you have many of them).
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Seaway

I will read up on what is mappable currently and compare to features I have seen that are mappable - all of these little towns have similar infrastructure for many 10m fishing boats, and additional infrastructure for larger 20-30m boats in some places.

The one thing I need to check on is... a boat "pull-out" area. It is not a dock/pier and not a boat launch. Launches are for cars to get boats off their trailer, and mappable for people to know where to take their boat to get it into/out of a body of water. These pull-out areas are long stretches of (concrete) shoreline dedicated to pulling small and medium sized boats out of the water for parking /maintenance for smaller little boats. I'm sure in other countries where there is less infrastructure, this is just a beach or shoreline, but these are purpose-built and dedicated features. Maybe there is an existing key, but this is a common feature for tiny fishing villages I would like to map, like this one (my picture).

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/javbw/11091200666/in/set-72157638113676925/

I know these are small things for small villages, and mapping for a big intermodal container ports is more important, but there are more of these little places to map overall.

Javbw