[Tagging] A place where letters & parcels are sent to be sorted so they can be delivered?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:52:41 UTC 2017

> TL;DR: amenity = sorting_office seems fine, but only used in UK at the
> moment and undocumented.

I think we generally need a tag for distribution / logistics facilities (at
least there is nothing in wider use, AFAIK). Not sure if mail distribution
merits its own main tag or if a subtag for distribution centres would make
more sense.

"sorting office" sounds like an antique term, and although it appears this
is what is used in the UK I couldn't find it in a (1) dictionary. "sorting
office" is likely not applying to huge distribution facilities, wikipedia
mentions "mail centres" as the backbone of Royal mail distribution.

Cheer,
Martin