[Tagging] How to tag beginning of a river

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 03:28:41 UTC 2017

I'm wondering if it's possible to tag in some meaningful way, the place,
usually a node, where a river begins. It seems this would be of interest to
people besides myself but I don't think there is currently a way to tag
such a place.

Using as an example, the beginning of a major Alaskan river, the Colville.
It begins at the confluence of two smaller streams, Thunder Creek and Storm
Creek, in the North Slope Borough, literally in the middle of nowhere. I've
searched for the Colville River many times for various reasons and today as
I was extending it to its source, the question of how its actual beginning
place might be tagged arose.

By the way, you won't probably find either of those tributaries if you
search Nominatum just yet because I added them only a few minutes ago.

Opinions, feedback?

Cheers,

Dave

--