[Tagging] How to tag beginning of a river

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 10:04:11 UTC 2017

Thanks. Actually, the example you gave uses the tagging Stephan suggested,
that is, to tag the first node of a waterway with natural=spring.
Apparently, the Thames rises from a spring. I found several other examples
using Overpass Turbo and I think the tagging below is good

waterway=source
name=Colville River

It should work well for my needs.

Dave