[Tagging] Coworking space: amenity vs. office ?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 12:13:52 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5 Jan 2017, at 04:58, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Coworking spaces are targeted towards white-collar office desk jobs
>

> +1, this is also what comes to my mind when I hear coworking. I propose to use office=coworking for those that are offices, and if you come along a different kind of place where people are working together without being in the same company you'll have to invent a new tag for these particular different kind of places, e.g. there's already something for collective bicycle repair (where coworking isn't a typical term to refer to).

Wait, what?

The point of coworking spaces is that it is people from different
companies or independent contractors, consultants, etc are using a
shared space and resources.

If everyone is coworking in a shared space for the same company that
is just a regular office.

Blake Girardot
skype: jblakegirardot
Live OSM Mapper-Support channel - https://hotosm-slack.herokuapp.com/