[Tagging] Coworking space: amenity vs. office ?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:12:50 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Wait, what?
>>
>> The point of coworking spaces is that it is people from different
>> companies or independent contractors, consultants, etc are using a
>> shared space and resources.
>

> that's what I said, with other working places I was referring to places that
> are not _offices_

Ah, sorry, somehow I thought we had gotten this reversed.

Anyway, my vote is:

amenity=coworking_space

To my view, they are amenities for a city/community/neighborhood and
much more so an amenity than what we traditionally think of as an
office, although there is for sure a case for office=*.

But I have seen no discussion of why amenity=coworking_space, which is
what is in use now, is a problem worth introducing a significant
change to the existing system. The current tag seems to be working
fine. Is there a problem with it that suggests we should change?

cheers
blake

Blake Girardot
skype: jblakegirardot